Sunday, September 11, 2016

Quick Update

Just want to take a moment to update everyone on Amelia and where we are at this point.  I have been chastised by several people telling me that I shouldn't talk about this on FB.  I'm not exactly sure what the difference is...whether I post here or on FB....but for now, I'm just going to update here.

We were able to see her yesterday.  We had an appointment at 10am for a family therapy session.  She walked in wearing the clothes I had brought to her on Friday, but she was wearing "prison shoes".  You know...the kind you've seen criminals wearing in news stories.  I guess it's just protocol, but it's disturbing none the less.  She was quiet but seemed OK.  We talked through some things and I finally have a better picture of what happened.  We have contacted an attorney and because of that, I'm not going to talk about the details at this time.  Just know that since talking to Amelia, I am even more concerned about the way things were handled.

In the end, doors have opened to us that would not have been before this crisis situation.  I'm hoping that when we come to end of this part of the journey, we will be in a better place.

As I write this, we are waiting to hear if she will be released today.  When we met with the therapist yesterday, she thought today would be the day.  I called earlier and they said the doctor was doing rounds now and we would be notified soon.  We have a plan for the immediate future and this is a good thing.

We celebrated Nathan's 16th birthday yesterday without her.  It was awful.  I tried to make things as nice and happy as I could for Nathan, but let's face it...it's not the same.  Nathan was a trooper and understood.  He told me, "Mom, Amelia is more important right now...and I understand."  I love that kid!

Fr. Fred's homily today was interesting.  It was as if he was talking directly to our family!  It was a God moment.

For now, we are just waiting.  I'll update again soon.  Thank you all so much for your texts, emails and phone calls.  They mean the world to us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment