Monday, September 5, 2016

Out of the Darkness

I've been contemplating resurrecting this blog for awhile.  It's been 2 years since I've written here!  If truth be told, I have been writing, just not in a public space. The thing about writing, for me, is that I go through periods (or "spurts", if you will) where I feel like I have a lot to say, and then times when I feel like I could stare at a blank page forever.  I guess you could say that right now, I have a lot that has been bottled up and I think it's time to share.  Not because I want everyone to know all the bad things or all the struggles in my life, but because, I feel like there is safety in numbers.  Sometimes, when you make yourself vulnerable, you realize that you aren't alone and that there are others out there searching (just like me) for someone to say, "Hey, I see you.  I hear you and I know how you feel because I've been there.  You aren't walking this journey alone".

I can't promise that I'm going to write everyday, but who knows, maybe I will.  I'm going to let my soul dictate when it's time to say something.  I can promise you that I will be mindful of what I write here.  It will be important...to me...to who I am.  I can't pretend to have a handle on all the silly things that roam through my mind throughout the day, but I'm hoping this can be the place I can make some sense of it all.

Please join me.  Come and listen.  Share with me your thoughts and ideas.  Laugh with me, cry with me, be honest with me.

I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments: